The institute was established with an aim of bringing Engineers, Architects and those connected with building industries under one forum, to develop a code of ethics amongst professionals, to safeguard interest of society to disseminate the information on the latest development in materials, construction and equipment to keep members informed of the various development in the city and the state.
The broad objectives of GICEA are to :
- Provide facilities in Civil Engineering & Architecture including its allied branches for further studies, research and of mutual consultation and interaction.
- Arrange periodic lectures, discourses, demonstrations, exhibitions, conferences, seminars and such other activities to impart specialized knowledge of the field.
- Make provision for imparting instructions and developments in Civil Engineering and allied subjects to those who require.
- Publish magazines, periodicals and technical papers Initiate or collaborate with the activity which is in common interest of the fraternity of Civil Engineers & Architects in specific.
- Maintain constructive liaison with all authorities & the construction industries.
- Research & documentation of the various heritage projects, maps and about legendry personalities of the profession.
- To act and help citizen at large for Public Cause Activities like “Save Water”, “Grow More Trees”, construction of “Check-Dams” etc.